Friday, December 9, 2011

Welcome!





I'm pleased and excited to welcome you, dear reader, to this blog. I sincerely hope you'll enjoy this site, and engage in the discussion with me and other readers. 


The Modus Operandi


I enjoy all kinds of movies, and you'll see that reflected on this site. I'm especially enamored of horror, science fiction, and crime films. I believe movies of all kinds have something to be admired and appreciated, even if it is technically poorly made or not critically well-received. As such, the reviews here have less to do about the whether the movie is "good" or not, and more about what is enjoyable about it (for me, this often equals what is terrible). The general layout of a review will contain a spoilery synopsis and analysis, but I'll warn you when the heavy spoilers begin. I will also include my recommendation on whether or not the movie is imperative viewing. I encourage you to chime in on the ideas discussed in the reviews. I'm not looking to be a pedantic, black-turtleneck-wearing, film snob. But should you disagree on that, I look forward to seeing you in the comments. :)


Enjoy!